Welcome to Family Picnic 2020. We know life is crazy right now- you are juggling work and virtual learning and keeping your house together and your social-emotional health all while trying to teach your child what it looks like to love and lean into Jesus. Does it feel like a lot? IT IS! We want to encourage you to take a pause with your family and just enjoy one another. This kit will help you connect over fun and conversation. Whatever you choose to do- do something that will get your family engaged with one another, thinking about your family’s interests, making your kids laugh and have fun, but also connecting with one another! Pack a picnic and explore the following pages for ideas for fun as a family, conversation, and ways to keep discipleship going even after you pack up your picnic and go home. Don’t forget to tag us @vintagechurchnc #back2schoolfamilypicnic We will pick a random winner to receive a $10 Carroll’s Kitchen Gift Card!
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Pack your picnic dinner or pick up a favorite family meal.
- Find a fun spot to picnic!
- Play a game together as a family, go on a walk, or do something adventurous and fun together! Tag us @vintagechurchnc #back2schoolfamilypicnic We will pick a random winner to receive a $10 Carroll’s Kitchen Gift Card!!
- Settle down for dinner. Connect over conversation-use the question guide or come up with your own questions! Be sure to check in on how virtual learning is going and how you can adjust and improve!
- Pray and schedule a time to connect again. Pray over things that came out during conversation, thanking God for things that bring you joy as a family, asking God to intercede in areas that are causing strife and difficulty. Write down specific prayer requests and return to these throughout the week as a family.
- Hike or Walk before or after you eat and explore your picnic spot!
- Ride Bikes together before or after you eat together
- Throw a frisbee or a ball together.
- Play a parents versus kids soccer game
- Bring a card game (uno or another card game) and play at your picnic spot.
- Bring a board game that you would normally play inside and extend your picnic with a game!
- Bring Paper and pencil and write a note to the person to your left, telling them something you love about them.
- Bring art supplies and do a family art project together outside. One idea: Draw a portrait of someone in your family!
- Have everyone bring a book and share what you are reading, taking some time to read together as a family outside! Reading something together?!? Read together and talk about what you are reading
- As the summer comes to an end, what is your favorite thing we did as a family?
- As the school year starts up, what is one thing you are most excited about?
- What is one thing you are disappointed about?
- What is something we do as a family you want to continue doing or wish we did more often?
- What is one thing we do as a family you wish we didn’t do or one thing we don’t do that you wish we did?
- Virtual Learning is hard! What is one thing you need from me as your parent? What is one thing you need from me as your kid?
- What is one way we can step away from technology and connect during every week?
- What is one way we can spend time praying and in scripture together every week?
- End by sharing one thing you love or appreciate about each person in the family!